Friday, June 24, 2011

healthy drinking.. my green smoothie recipe

If you see me or my kids around town and notice an orange tint to our skin... it is probably all of the carrot juice we have been drinking ;-). (I haven't been able to get Sean to try some... but he will soon! ;)

We have been indulging in green smoothies every morning.

Maybe its just me, but I think it is better to get nutrients this way rather than vitamins alone, and man, does it make you feel good!

Ladies, the carrot juice also improves your complexion and hair.. ever since having my kids, I will welcome any improvement in those areas!!

We generally have ours for breakfast.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup carrot juice
1 cup frozen berries
1 banana
1/2 cup yogurt
A handful of spinach
1 spoon (provided in the bag) full of organic Golden Flax
1/2 cup V8 Splash (of other juice)

(don't worry, the berries take over the green taste, so you really don't even taste the spinach or carrot juice... I promise! :)



Just mix together in a blender and enjoy!

Since taking the pictures, I have found that the best place (economically) to buy a lot of this is Costco. They have a great big bag of frozen berries, I also get the Flax there and the Bolthouse organic carrot juice. You can also buy bananas there and peel them, break them into two and freeze them in ziplock bags. 


Do you have a smoothie recipe that you enjoy? Please share it!
Also let me know if you try mine :).

4 comments:

  1. I think I may just have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may just have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds good to me. I will try it. I am a smoothie fanatic. I actually love a product called Visalus. It is a high protein shake mix that is really good (for health or dieting). I use it alot. I also use a TBS of sugar free pudding mixes in my smoothies sometimes to make them creamy. And my favorite secret ingredient is pumpkin. (tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass) yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!! I appreciate your comment! :)