Thursday, June 16, 2011

ahhhh. summer days..

Well, we finished kindergarten, first grade, and third grade and we are celebrating with a very busy, very fun, summer!
 The first week of school ^
The last week of school ^
I think Kade has changed the most. What do you think? Bittersweet...
Their cheerleading program was too cute!

I love summertime! I love the lazy mornings and late evenings with the kids.

Our days are filled with play-dates, swimming, the library, trips, swim lessons, long walks at the park (on the shaded trail!), bike riding, reading on the back porch, bible club, afternoon netflix (they are currently watching some of the first Cosby episodes Ha! They think Bill Cosby is hilarious :),  Summer Show-Off, more swimming... and many, many adventures :).

This year, each of the kids picked out a "summer journal" and we  are documenting all of our summer adventures ;).


Typically, daily schedule is pretty specific in the Clarke household.. Up at 6:30 to give us plenty of time to get ready for school... In bed at 7:00, so they will be well rested for the next day.

Not during the summer months though! The truth is, my kids still don't sleep in (why is that??), but at  least we don't have to get ready and out the door. We don't really have a summertime bedtime. 8 o'clock one night and 9:30 the next.

A couple nights ago, we stayed outside and caught fireflies (I call them fireflies & Sean calls them lightning bugs.. what do you call them?) until late.




 It reminded me of a song. I can remember my girlfriend, Beth and I listening and singing this song a lot one summer when we were teenagers. :)

How could I ask For More, by Cindy Morgan.

I still like the lyrics:

There's nothing like the warmth of a summer afternoon 
Waking to the sunlight, and being cradled by the moon 
Catching fireflies at night 
Building castles in the sand 
Kissing Mama's face goodnight 
Holding Daddy's hand 
Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more 

Running barefoot through the grass 
A little hide and go seek 
Being so in love, that you can hardly eat 
Dancing in the dark, when there's no one else around 
Being bundled 'neath the covers, watching snow 
Fall to the ground 
Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more 

So many things I thought would bring me happiness 
Some dreams that are realities today 
Such an irony the things that mean the most to me 
Are the memories that I've made along the way 

So if there's anything I've learned 
From this journey I am on 
Simple truths will keep you going 
Simple love will keep you strong 
Cause there are questions without answers 
Flames that never die 
Heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise 
So thank you Lord, oh thank you Lord 
How could I ask for more



Here are some snap shots of our summer adventures so far :)

Our first beach trip of the summer. 
We went with this gorgeous family ^..very sweet friends of ours. 


 Kade really enjoyed watching the waves early in the morning :)
 best buddies :)
 my handsome boys

 Kassidy

 Kali Rose and Ali were hilarious! They made this closet their "hideout." ;)
 who doesn't want to wake up to a little Tom and Jerry?
We had so much fun!! Our kids love each other and play great together. :)
 On the way back from the beach we made a detour to see our sweet LaCoste famliy! 

 My friend, Becky, gave the kids these awesome "stick" games.. The kids have had soooo much fun with them. This one ^ is for you, Beck! (yes, that is a toothpaste mustache.. and a little left over chocolate popsicle from earlier :P) 
 Here is a random one for you... Kade said he was "Woody" for the day. Ha! I thought he did pretty good with his costume!

This day, they were pretending Kali Rose was "Mrs. Obama" and they were her secret service men.. Hahaha!
 The Splash Pad

 a little summer craft.. Painting!

 I am leaving you with this ^.. I hope you, too, are having a fabulous summer.... filled with many chocolate popsicles! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!! I appreciate your comment! :)